Stay up to date with us on all things CRE by joining our email list.
Thank you page
IN CONJUNCTION WITH
The Shops at Emerald Acres Sports ConnectionInterstate 57 and Charleston Ave East, Mattoon, IL 61938
- Available Spaces:8,638 SF, 5,600 SF
- Available Property:0.5 AC, 1 AC, 1.45 AC, 8.22 AC, 2.56 AC, 2.74 AC, 3.8 AC, 2.09 AC, 5.45 AC, 1.15 AC
About This Property
EMERALD ACRES SPORTS CONNECTION
- Opening in 2024, Emerald Acres Sports Connection is a $100M indoor and outdoor sports complex development on 150 acres that is projected to draw 580,000 visitors and generate $23.8 million in direct spending and 59,000 hotel room nights on an annual basis. This is a next generation best-in-class youth and amateur sports experience for families and athletes of all ages. It will have a high-quality, program-driven design, including indoor basketball/volleyball courts, outdoor baseball/softball and multipurpose turf fields, family entertainment, medical sector partnerships, food and beverage, and special events, such as concerts, rodeos, and other sports and entertainment experiences.
- Mattoon’s central location between several major metropolitan statistical areas (Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis) and numerous micropolitan statistical areas is the basis of the projected draw of the development. Youth sports (a $45 billion industry) continues to be a reliable, recession-resistant driver of traffic and is forecasted to grow by 10-15% per year over the next 5-7 years (Wintergreen Research).
- This project will be developed and managed by the Sports Facilities Companies Network (Sports Facilities Advisory(SFA), Sports Facilities Development, and Sports Facilities Management(SFM)). The SFA has served more than 2,000 communities and is involved with more than $10 billion in planned projects. SFM is the youth and amateur sports industry leader in design, development, and facility management. They manage the largest single network of sports tourism venues in the country.
THE SHOPS AT EMERALD ACRES SPORTS CONNECTION
- The Shops at Emerald Acres Sports Connection is the retail, restaurant, and hotel component of the 150 AC Emerald Acres development that will benefit from the draw of the sports complex and serve the Mattoon-Charleston Micropolitan Statistical Area, which has a trade area population of 101,319 and currently draws from up to 30 miles in all directions. That draw will expand to at least 200 miles with the opening of Emerald Acres Sports Connection in 2024.
- The site will offer walkable access to retail, restaurant, and hotel amenities for players, families, and coaches, elevating the customer experience and driving repeat visits to the sports complex. Ninety percent of the money in youth travel sports is spent outside of the walls of the venue, and customer analytics confirms that the youth sports tourism audience represents some of the wealthiest lifestyle segments in America today with strong buying power.
- AVAILABLE: Retail space and outlots for restaurants, hotels, and other retail uses
IN CONJUNCTION WITH
Cojak Land Services, LLC